Saturday 12 May 2012

My Kindle For Mother's Day! Yayyyyyy!!!!!!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MUMS!!!!!!!!!

Very special edition here today. As it's Mother's Day today I'd like to wish all mum's a very special Mother's Day and hope you all get spoilt rotten.

So, I've got my kindle, it was all wrapped up pretty and nice with a ribbon. At the moment I'm looking at it in awe as I really don't know where to start as the excitement of buying my own Mother's Day present last week has left me shell-shocked in the nicest way. But I have roamed Amazon and know what I'm going to purchase (that's a secret for you all - you'll find out soon enough) and I have the Kindle sitting right next to me charging, next to the flowers, chocolates and slippers that I also got heh, heh.

But I've a question.
Can any of you tell me what does one do with the book once you've downloaded it on Kindle and read it?
How do I then get rid of it?
Can I sell it or pass it over to some other Kindle owner, or even swap it?

I'd very much appreciate any know how on this.

Anyhoo, must get ready for my luncheon date with the two very special and handsome men in my life - hubby and son. Although, they may have to take a back seat now that I've got a Kindle in my life!

Michelle
xx

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Mother's Day. You can delete books if you want. I prefer to keep them though.

    Some books you are able to loan to other kindle users (if the publisher allows it). http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200549320

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks cheapreader! My Kindle holds 1400 books so what do you do once it's filled up. Just delete them I guess? Although a friend told me that somewhere she knows do swaps?

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest keep copies of all your books on your computer and then only put what you want on your Kindle. Look on Amazon for how to put books on your computer. It would take quite a while to fill your Kindle all the way up though.

      There are sites online (google for them) that you can 'trade' books with people. Say you bought a book that allows you to loan it to people. You would post on the site that you have that book. Someone who wants that book would reply and then you'd loan the book to them. Not sure of all the specifics of it though.

      Delete
    2. Cheapreader, I think you've answered all my questions so thankyou! I shall into the swap sites.
      Michelle
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hi, I found your blog over on BookBlogs. love the blog and followed! You can find me here: http://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/ I would love it if you could check out my blog! Thanks, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate.
    Thanks for the follow. Will go and check out your site now.

    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete