Sunday 29 April 2012

LITTLE VAMPIRE WOMEN - Louisa May Alcott and Lynn Messina


This delightful book caught my attention because of the obvious title 'Little Vampire Women'
I remember being presented with 'Little Women'  one Christmas and if my memory is correct it would've been given to me by my Grandma, as my mother wasn't a reader - and  I kept that book amongst my favourites in my bookshelf. I'd read it several times more in my lifetime just for the joy of it!

So imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon 'Little Vampire Women' when I was Christmas shopping last year. Actually, I was looking for a particular book for my twenty year old son. He's not a reader either - well not much - but if there's one he's interested in I'll buy it for him. Anyway, that's how I found 'Little Vampire Women'. Of course I had to buy it and then put it in my own little bundle of presents under the Christmas tree with the tag reading 'To My Darling Wife, Love Phil xxx', cute huh?

So, the March sisters, Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy have been rewritten, though in the same era, not in the same existence. They've become vampires in this book. They must still learn to get along, Marmee is still their rock and they are still falling in love, but it's the way their men end up that kept me interested. So really, the base of the story hasn't changed, it's the March family that have.

The two authors, Louisa May Alcott and Lynn Messina combine their writing talents to keep the reader not only interested in the story but also include adaptions as to where they found the information regarding vampires and their traits.
Admittedly, those sources led me to look further afield into the lives of REAL vampires - very interesting material. So thankyou Louisa May Alcott and Lynn Messina for making good reading turn into good hunting.

Now there may be some of you that might want to leave the original 'Little Women' in your mind as you remember them, but please be reassured that 'Little Vampire Women' is only a comical look at them and there are many hilarious lines to make you keep wanting to turn the page.

Michelle
xx
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment