Friday 13 April 2012

WELCOME TO THE BOOKLOVERSCOUCH!

Well..........I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and that's a long time! Many thanks to my Grandma who lead me along this path to an all-time favourite past time. She always had a book in her hand. Her house was library to me so young.She'd lay snug in her bed with a book and a hot chocolate whilst I was always curious to know what she was reading, so she'd let me cuddle into her and read along with her. Most of them were Mills and Boone romance novels but every now and then she'd throw in a mystery thriller which were my favourite.
And that's where it all began.
Reading books became my passion, always keen to get home from school to pay a frequent visits to the library where I spent most of my time - as my friends lived a car drive away and as both my parents worked, I had no driver, so the library was it. Not that I minded, the library was better than doing homework and at least Mum and Dad knew where'd I'd be.
The local library was a short stroll up the hill from home and there I was happy. Even the librarians got used to me and I felt I knew those library walls inside out.
And oh, how I wished I could get into the adult section and sneak a peek at the mystery novels. Thanks to Grandma who borrowed them for me on her card - as long as I'd let her read them too, and that my friends is how I come to adore Agatha Christie. From her gripping novels I'd then persue the movie as a follow up but always came away from the movie a little let down, it wasn't the same as the book, parts were missed and in my imagination I'd conjured up pretty villages and their folk - looking like nothing how they did in the movie.
So I went on living through books. Ok, some people are movie buffs but I'm a booklover and they are two different things.
Back to Agatha Christie.
There is only one book of hers that I'm yet to read - 'Murder On The Orient Express'. I know, shameful of me isn't it? I have no excuse  but have just ordered it from Ebay and so am looking forward to getting stuck into it.
If any of you have read it, please let me know what your thoughts are or what I've missed.
Stay tuned to reading what I thought about it.

Michelle
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment