Wednesday 30 May 2012

KINDLE V'S BOOK

So you've all read about me buying a Kindle yes? Ok, well I love it! Have downloaded many books, finding it quite easy to use and have become very fond of it. In fact I'd recommend them to anyone (thanks everyone who commented on my blog about it).

And you've all read about the amount of books I'd accrued over the years and how I my home was turning into a library yes? Ok, well lately I've just been giving the books away as I still haven't got to the market stall to sell them, nor do I see myself actually having the time to do that so giving them away was probably for the best and I have to say I felt like I was saying goodbye to old friends as I packed them lovingly into boxes and then watched sadly as they were taken away to new homes. I wonder what they're doing now? I wonder if their pages are being tenderly turned as their new owner gets to know them?

I wandered back into my hubby's office the other night (wow, you can really move around in there now that the books have gone) and was elated to find half a dozen paperbacks still sitting on the shelf. After glancing over them I remembered I'd kept those particular unread ones for later reading. So now I've been taking in some early reading nights as it's winter and there's nothing like a good snuggle up with a paperback, leccy blanket and a hot milo. But then I found myself glancing over to my Kindle and wondering should I read one of the novels I've downloaded? Not that I'm not enjoying paperbacks - it's just that I KNOW  there is some really good reading material on that Kindle too! Maybe I'm just greedy and want to read them all at once. Maybe I think the next one on the Kindle is better than the paperback I'm currently reading. Wouldn't it be great if we could read them all at once? I know some people can read more than one at a time but I'm not that very advanced ha,hahahahasnort.

So I've come to the decision that I'll read one paperback and then one off the Kindle and so on.
Sigh..........I love all books and wonder which you prefer?

Michelle
xx

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for directing me to your blog, Michelle! I'm enjoying it :)

    I got a Kindle Fire for Mother's Day and I love it. I didn't think I would, but I do. It will never replace my real books (my house looks like a library, too!) -- I like to have the different reading options, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! Totally understand where your coming from. I don't think there's a great difference between Kindle and paperback, it's just that we enjoy reading so much, we'll read anyway we can.
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mix it up. I'll read a few kindle books and then get back to physical books. Then back again. I don't think kindle books can replace physical books but they make a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you too. Since buying my Kindle last year, I find it so much easier than picking up actual books. But, I don't know if I'm ready yet to part with my library of books. They're my friends, even if they have taken over my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ManicScribbler, I do emphasise with you. My library of books were my friends too. BUT on the plus side I'm beginning to buy a few more from bookstores. Oh, I just can't help it! And actually, some of the books I want to read aren't freebies so I'd have to buy them anyway. Don't know where I'm going to put them yet so I haven't yet sat down to explain this to hubby who know thinks I'm a reformed book-a-holic and am now a Kindleholic. HA! Wait til he starts seeing them pile up again. It's my habit. I'm a proud read-a-holic! So really, with my new books, I'm getting new friends.
    By the way, I'm following you too now.
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete